Enrollment Procedures

Enrollment for K-12 Students

Welcome to the 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township Enrollment page! Whether you are a returning family or new to our district, we are here to guide you through the enrollment process with ease.

Returning Students

  • If your child is currently enrolled in one of our schools and resides within 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township, they will automatically be re-enrolled for the next school year. This seamless process will take place in our Skyward system during the summer months.
  • As we prepare for a new school year, we kindly ask all returning families to log in to their Skyward Family Access account to verify and update their contact information. Ensuring that your phone number, email address, home address, and emergency contacts are current is crucial for effective communication and student safety. Any necessary updates can be made directly in Skyward, and you can also upload any required documentation through the platform. If you prefer, you may contact your child鈥檚 school directly to provide updated information.

New Students

We are excited to welcome new students and families! We are here to assist you through our enrollment process to ensure a smooth transition into our district so your child can start benefiting from our outstanding academics and support right away.

  • NEW families who have never had a child enrolled in 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township
  • Families who have enrolled a child in a Wayne Township school in the past but left the District and now would like to return to 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township.

Flexible Enrollment Options

We understand that flexibility is key for busy families. Our enrollment options are designed to accommodate your schedule. Families can choose between in-person enrollment at their child’s school or the convenience of online enrollment through our secure portal. Whether you prefer the personal touch of face-to-face assistance or the ease of enrolling from home, we’re here to help you every step of the way. For more details and instructions, please explore the sections below.

In-Person Enrollment

Families can choose to enroll in person at any of our 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township schools. Our friendly staff is ready to assist you at each location. For families enrolling more than one child, you can conveniently enroll all your children at the school with the highest grade level among your children.

Summer Hours through July 26:

  • Monday through Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
  • Special Registration Day: Wednesday, July 10, from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Online Enrollment

Welcome to the 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township! We are excited to help you through the Online Enrollment process using our Skyward system. Please follow the steps below to ensure a smooth enrollment.

Step-by-Step Guide to Online Enrollment

Step 1 – Find Your School

  • Use our to find and verify your assigned school.
    • Type your address in the search bar.
    • A list of schools will appear below.
    • Look for the school with the appropriate grade level for your student to find your assigned school.
    • If a list does not appear, your address is likely outside of 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township boundaries. If you have a question or need assistance with finding your child鈥檚 assigned school, give us a call at (317) 988-8600. For more information about Out of District enrollment, please click here.

Step 2 – Gather Documentation

Before you begin your enrollment, there are several required documents you will need to have ready.

  • Birth Certificate of Student (bears an official embossed seal of imprint)
    • A hospital certificate is not acceptable.
    • If you do not have a birth certificate and your child was born in Marion County, please contact the Marion County Health Department at 317-221-2397 for hours of operation, cost, and information needed to obtain a duplicate birth certificate.
    • If your child was born in Indiana (outside of Marion County), please contact the Indiana State Department of Health Vital Records at 317-233-2700. A recorded message will provide instructions.
  • Immunization Records of Student
    • Indiana law requires all school-age students to present proof of required immunizations.
    • For more information and immunization clinics, please call the Marion County Health Department鈥檚 Immunization Program at 317-221-2122 or click .
  • ID of Parent or Legal Guardian
    • Driver鈥檚 License or official state identification
  • Proof of Residency (2 documents required)
    • A current gas or electric bill or any other bill related to your residence
    • If you own your home, the second document may be one of the following:
      • Closing documents,
      • Warranty Deed,
      • Current monthly mortgage payment statement (not coupon book),
      • Quit Claim Deed,
      • Current year tax bill,
      • Homestead Property Claim,
      • Lease to Buy contract or purchase agreement.
    • If you rent, a current lease is required.
      • These documents must reflect the parent/guardian’s name and address.

Step 3 – Create a Skyward Family Access Account OR log in to your existing Skyward Family Access Account.

  • If you鈥檝e never had a child enrolled in a Wayne Township school, you will need to create a new Skyward Family Access Account.
    • Request a New Skyward Family Access Account using the button below.
    • Once you submit the form, you will receive an email with a link and directions to log in to your new Skyward Family Access Account.
    • If you experience any difficulties, please contact your child’s assigned school.
  • If you currently have a child who attends a Wayne Township school and you wish to enroll another child OR if you have a child who attended a Wayne Township school in the past and you wish to return after leaving the district.
    • Log in to your and click “New Student Online Enrollment”.
    • If you forget your Skyward Family Access login credentials, you can request a new password. If you are still unable to log in, please contact your child鈥檚 assigned school for assistance.

Step 4 – Complete Online Enrollment Form and Upload Required Documents

  • Once you are logged in to your Skyward Family Access account, complete each step in the Online Enrollment Form.
  • Upload Required Documents
    • These documents can be a PDF, scan, or a clear photo taken on your phone.
    • If you are unable to upload the required documents, proceed to Step 5.
  • Complete Required District Forms (These include Migrant Worker Survey, CHIRP, McKinney Vento Questionnaire, Transportation for Elementary, Home Language Survey if new to the state of Indiana)

Step 5 – Review and Submit Online Enrollment Form

  • Double-check all entered details for accuracy.
  • Click the 鈥淪ubmit鈥 button to send your enrollment form for processing.
  • If you have more than one child to enroll, click Enroll Additional Students.
  • If you were unable to upload the required documents, please take them to your child鈥檚 school to be scanned as soon as possible. Enrollment is not complete until all required information has been received. Families with students at multiple schools can take their documents to the highest grade level school.

Step 6 – Confirmation and Follow-Up

  • After submitting the Online Enrollment Form, the school enrollment team will review the submitted information and reach out if any additional documentation is needed.
  • Once the application is processed, families will be notified of their child’s enrollment status and provided with the next steps. If you are enrolling during the summer, details such as teacher assignments, class schedules, bus routes, and more will generally be available the week before the school year begins. For students in upper grades, there will be an opportunity to meet with a counselor to discuss classes and scheduling.

If you encounter any issues during the enrollment process or need further assistance, please contact your child鈥檚 school.

Out of District Enrollment

Thank you for your interest in our Out of District program. We are pleased to offer families the opportunity to apply for enrollment in our District, even if they reside outside our designated District boundaries. To apply for out-of-district enrollment, families must complete and submit an application during the designated enrollment window. The application window typically opens in March and closes at the beginning of May. At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2024-2025 school year. If you missed this enrollment opportunity, we encourage you to mark your calendars and revisit our website next March.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Enrollment

General Enrollment Questions

Q: What are the age requirements for Kindergarten enrollment? A: A child must be 5 years old on or before August 1.

Q: Can my child enroll in Kindergarten early? A: If your child will be five years old between August 2 and September 30, you may request a screening for early enrollment. Early entrance requests must be submitted by July 12, 2024, to be considered for the 2024-2025 school year. Early enrollment decisions are based on the results of the kindergarten screener. For more information or to request a screening for early enrollment, please contact your child’s school.

Q: When do I need to enroll my child? Is there a deadline? A: 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township warmly welcomes new students who live within district boundaries throughout the school year. Although there isn鈥檛 a deadline to enroll, we encourage you to enroll your child as early as possible. This helps us manage class sizes and staffing levels. It also ensures you receive important communication, such as back-to-school information, from your child鈥檚 school.

Documentation and Requirements

Q: What documents are required for enrollment? A: You will need the following documents:

  • Current Mortgage, Lease, or Signed Contract
  • Another Current Official Document such as a Utility Bill, Paycheck Stub, Government Document, or Driver’s License with Current Address
  • ID of Parent or Legal Guardian
  • Birth Certificate of Student
  • Immunization Records of Student

Special Situations

Q: What if the parent/guardian is not a US citizen and can’t provide a valid ID? A: If you are unable to provide a valid ID, please contact your child鈥檚 school. We are committed to ensuring all students have access to education regardless of citizenship status.

Q: What if our family is experiencing housing instability or homelessness and can’t provide address verification? A: If your family is experiencing housing instability or homelessness, you are still entitled to enroll your child. Learn more about McKinney-Vento here.

Q: What if I don’t have my child’s birth certificate? A: If you do not have a birth certificate and your child was born in Marion County, please contact the Marion County Health Department at 317-221-2397 for hours of operation, cost, and information needed to obtain a duplicate birth certificate. If your child was born in Indiana (outside of Marion County), please contact the Indiana State Department of Health Vital Records at 317-233-2700. A recorded message will provide instructions.

Q: What if I can’t find my child’s immunization records? A: If you cannot locate your child’s immunization records, here are steps you can take:

  • Contact your child鈥檚 current and past healthcare providers. They may have records of vaccinations administered.
  • Check with your child鈥檚 previous school or daycare provider, if applicable.
  • Many states maintain immunization registries. Check if your child鈥檚 records are in the state registry.
  • Contact your local or state health department. They may assist in locating immunization records or provide guidance on how to proceed.
  • If records cannot be found, please contact your child鈥檚 school nurse to discuss next steps.

Q: Where can my child get required immunizations at no cost? A: Your child can receive required immunizations at no cost through the Marion County Health Department鈥檚 Immunization Program. For more information, 317-221-2122 or click . Additionally, the offers clinics that are open to the community.

Q: Can I pick which school my child will attend? A: The district accepts intradistrict transfer requests, allowing families to request a different school within the district for their child. Approval of transfer requests is based on available space and specific circumstances. To learn more about the intradistrict transfer process, including eligibility criteria and application procedures, please visit our Intradistrict Transfer webpage.

Enrollment Process

Q: How do I start the enrollment process for my child? A: Begin by accessing the Skyward Family Access portal. If you are new to the district, create a Skyward account and complete the 鈥淣ew Student Online Enrollment鈥 forms.

Q: How do I find my assigned school? A: Use our on the district website. Enter your address to find your assigned school based on your grade level.

Out of District Enrollment

Q: Can we apply for enrollment if we live outside of the district? A: Yes, families can apply for Out of District enrollment. The application window typically opens in March and closes at the beginning of May.

Q: What if we missed the Out of District enrollment window? A: If you missed the application window for the upcoming school year, we encourage you to revisit our website in March to apply for the following school year.

Technical and Support

Q: What if I have trouble accessing Skyward or completing the online forms? A: If you encounter any technical issues or need assistance, please contact or visit your child鈥檚 school.

Q: Where can I get help with the enrollment process? A: For any questions or assistance with the enrollment process, please contact or visit your child鈥檚 school.

We hope this FAQ helps answer your questions about enrollment. Welcome to 含羞草影院. of Wayne Township!